Writivism has announced the 29 emerging writers who will take part in the 2017 mentoring programme. The writers come from ten African countries.
Every year Writivism announces those who will be groomed to be the next generation of world beaters. In something that is starting to become a Writivism tradition, the mentors who would guide them was announced earlier in the year and it featured names like Jennifer Nasubuga Makumbi, Pierre Cherruau, Okey Ndibe, Dami Ajayi, Lidudumalingani, and Yewande Omotoso.
The next stage of the process is announcing the mentees. They will be panel beaten by our mentors and at the end of it all their stories written through the mentorship shall be published in an online mini-anthology.
This will not be the first time that some of these writers have been featured on this blog. Abu Amirah for instance was a mentee last year and got to the shortlist of the Writivism Short Story Prize 2016. Kafula Mwila featured in the Caine Prize workshop that happened in Zambia last March. Caiphus Mmino Mangenela was the winner of the Bessie Head Short Story competition last year. We here at JamesMurua.com deemed Joel Benjamin Ntwatwa who runs Nevender.com as the best book reviewer in our outstanding literary awards of 2016.
The full list of the Writivism mentees is;
- Heba Hesham – Egypt
- Tresor Mukunzi – Rwanda
- Mwenya Mwamba – Zambia
- Kafula Mwila – Zambia
- Caiphus Mmino Mangenela – Botswana
- Gaamangwe Joy Mogami – Botswana
- Raoul Djimeli – Cameroun
- Johanne Ewoudou – Cameroun
- Beaton Galafa – Malawi
- Peter-Paul Ndyani – Malawi
- Maqhawe Xaba – South Africa
- Keletso Mopai – South Africa
- Jarred Thompson – South African
- Haroon Wadee – South Africa
- Muthoki Mumo – Kenya
- Stephanie Wanga – Kenya
- Abu Amirah – Kenya
- Poppy Muindi – Kenya
- Doreen Anyango – Uganda
- Precious Colette Kemigisha – Uganda
- Joel Benjamin Ntwatwa – Uganda
- Linda Nabasa – Uganda
- Immaculata Abba – Nigeria
- Tochukwu Emmanuel Okafor – Nigeria
- Eloghosa Osunde – Nigeria
- Nwamaka Osakwe – Nigeria
- John Lighthouse Oyewale – Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Abiodun Ibegbu -Nigeria
- Ekweremadu Uchenna – Nigeria
Good luck lads and lasses.