The short list for the Writivism Short Story Competition 2015 has been announced by Chika Unigwe the chair of the judging panel. She was helped in her task by Mukoma wa Ngugi, Tendai Huchu, Rachel Zadok and Ainehi Edoro. The stories were read blind, as in they didn’t know who there were reading, and those still in the running are;
- Being a Man by Adeola Opeyemi (Nigeria)
- Caterer, Caterer by Pemi Aguda (Nigeria)
- Devil’s Village by Dayo Adewunmi Ntwari (Rwanda)
- Dream by Saaleha Bhamjee (South Africa)
- Social Studies by Nnedinma Jane Kalu (Nigeria)
The five shortlisted stories will be published in the Munyori Literary Journal and in the 2015 Writivism annual anthology. Their authors will be invited to the 2015 Writivism Festival in Kampala, where the winner will be announced.