The longlist for the Quramo Writers’ Prize 2021 was announced in Lagos, Nigeria on September 3, 2021.
The Quramo Writers’ Prize is awarded annually to an unpublished fiction manuscript by an unpublished author. The award was founded by Nigeria-based Quramo Publishers to encourage and stimulate a new community of talented writers as well as provide an opportunity for otherwise unexposed talent to achieve publishing recognition. Previous winners have been Samuel Monye (2017), Michael Emmanuel (2018), and Vivian Onyekachi Ibe (2019), and Kadiri Alex (2020).
The 2021 edition of the awards is upon us with a longlist of ten manuscripts selected from a total of 351 entries. The ten entries on the longlist, in no particular order, are
- Memories by Bosede Comfort Oluwayomi
- Living In The Ghetto by Obinna Tony-Francis Ochem
- Agent Richard by Lawal Ayuba Adewale
- Apollo And The Golden Sea by Chukwebuka Okoli
- Dark Spots Of Light by Ifeanyi Ekpunobi
- Fate Of The Forlorn by Cynthia Nnadi
- Looking Glass Bullet by Akinnimi Akintomiwa Oluwaseun
- Under The Aluminum Sky by Cynthia Chukwuma
- When The Sun Meets The Sky by Joy Eju-Ojo Onu
- In My Backwater Town by Ishola Oyinkansola Hubaidat
A shortlist of five is expected later in September while the winner of the Quramo Writers’ Prize 2021 will be unveiled at the grand finale of the Quramo Festival of Words (QFest) on Sunday, 3 October 2021. The winner will receive a cash award of 1million Naira, and a development publishing deal for their manuscript.