The longlist for the Quramo Writers’ Prize 2020 was announced on September 2, 2020.
The Quramo Writers’ Prize is awarded annually to an unpublished fiction manuscript by an unpublished author. The award was founded by Nigeria-based Quramo Publishers to encourage and stimulate a new community of talented writers as well as provide an opportunity for otherwise unexposed talent to achieve publishing recognition. Previous winners have been Samuel Monye (2017), Michael Emmanuel (2018), and Vivian Onyekachi Ibe (2019).
The judges for the 2020 iteration of the prize, just like in 2019, are Toni Kan, Molara Wood, and A. Igoni Barrett. This panel has announced the longlist of writers in the running for the fast-growing prize. The longlist of 15 is made up of;
- Hotel Room Murder by Chioma.M.Okonkwo.
- The Way And The Will by Raji Surajudeen.
- Unchained by Adeniyi Timilehin Ayoade.
- Of Orchids And New Songs by Anjola Ogunsanwo.
- The Daughter Of Clerambault by Saheed Olayinka Bello.
- Stakes by Feargod Okeke
- The Paths That Take Us by Aliyu Baba-Ari.
- Sunshower by Kadiri Alex.
- Denizens Of The Wild by Chikezie Collins Onwumere.
- Who Kills A Baby Bird by Elnathan Iyalekhue.
- Butterflies Will Come by Chukwuemeka Famous.
- Tides That Bind by David Adu.
- Chukwu Is A She by Oni Oluwaseyi Faith.
- Caged by Adepeju Adeniran Afolake.
- Summerdale by Alo Folakemi Temitope
The winner of the award will be unveiled at a ceremony streamed from Nigeria on Sunday, October 4, 2020.