The Nairobi International Book Fair 2021 runs in Nairobi, Kenya from September 28 – October 2, 2022. The fair’s theme is “‘Publishing in the new era.”
The Nairobi International Book Fair is the regional marketplace for books and it brings together publishing professionals, authors, booksellers, print suppliers, media, and readers from Africa and around the world. Organised by the Kenya Publishers Association, it has been held for the last 23 years and has grown to be one of the leading book exhibition places in the region. In 2021, the fair had to deffered on Covid-19 concerns.
The 2022 edition of the fair is set to happen in a hybrid physical and virtual setting with the onsite events at the Sarit Centre Expo Hall, Westlands, Nairobi. Information on logging onto virtual events be found at the following address.
Activities lined up during the bookfair period include:
- Workshops and seminars on topical issues
- Book launches
- Children’s activities
- Presentation of the Jomo Kenyatta Prize for Literature
- Budding Authors Seminar, Seminar on how to get published.
- Books clearance sale and raffle for books- Publishers will sell books at huge discounts.
- Books exhibition
- Accessing unlimited business opportunities and so much more.
There are still opportunities for those who want to book stands at the fair. You can get more information on how to go about that by clicking here.