The longlist for the Libretto African Anthology Prize 2022 was announced on Sunday, March 27, 2022.
The Libretto African Anthology of Nonfiction/Essay Prize is a literary prize from Nigerian publishers Libretto Publishers. The inaugural edition focuses on creative Nonfiction by writers of African descent and will be published in both print and digital formats.
The jury panel for this edition comprises Dhee Sylvester, Isiaka Abubabkar Eazy, D.M. Aderibigbe, and Tendai Rinos Mwanaka. They announced the longlist for the prize on Sunday saying of the entries, “All the writers did excellently fine. Each story was written from a unique perspective, which birthed a thoroughly fascinating read”
Those in the running are;
- Baby Fever, Maryam Aminu
- Symptoms of Hardship, Isaacoed Buchi Jamie
- Stealing Time, Onis Sampson
- The Art of Leaving, Nwabuisi Kenneth
- A White paper on how to wield corruption, Testimony Akinkunmi
- The Weeping Boy, Prosper Ifeanyi
- The Avant Garde: The Theatre for Lawful Rebels; “To be or not to be!”, Ayowale Akanbi Ogunkunle
- Custodianship Rises to Annex Christianity, Layi Ajayi
- Insulation | Dear Friend, Anodo Rejoice
- Yeye, Moyomade Mary Aladesuyi
- From self-determination struggle to self-grievings: A politicization of the ‘sapa’ saga in african literature, Olusoji Obebe
The shortlist will be released on Easter Sunday, April 17before the winner is announced. The winner will receive a cash prize of ₦30,000 or its equivalent in dollars in May.