The new council of the Kenya Publishers Association, led by new chairman Kiarie Kamau, was announced at their Annual General Meeting on April 26, 2022.
The Kenya Publishers’ Association is the umbrella body for book publishers in Kenya with many of the leading firms as members. Apart from being a lobby group for its members where their interests are concerned, they also host the Nairobi International Book Fair, the longest-running in the region, and several smaller book fairs around the country. They also run the annual Jomo Kenyatta Literature Awards, considered by many to be the most prestigious in the East African country.
The organization had its Annual General Meeting to select its new council after one which had been led by Lawrence Njagi since 2018. The meeting introduced the new leadership of the organisation composed of the following;
1) Kiarie Kamau- East African Educational Publishers – Chairman
2) John Mwazemba – Oxford University Press- Treasurer
3) Musyoki Muli- PAC University – Council Member
4) Mary Maina – Moran Publishers (EA) Ltd- Council Member
5) Maxwell Wahome – Longhorn Publishers PLC- Council Member
6) Victor Lomaria – Kenya Literature Bureau -Council Member
7) Agatha Karani – Bookmark Africa- Council Member.
In related Kenya Publishers Association news, they will be hosting one of their regional fairs in Nakuru from June 1-4, 2022. The event which will be hosted at the Car Park next to Maasai Market will be running every day from 9 am to 6 pm.