The Jalada Africa collective has announced the long list for its inaugural Prize for literature.
This edition of the prize is offered only to the best stories published in the Afrofuture(s) anthology. The longlist includes;
- “Last Wave” by Ivor W. Hartmann
- “eNGAGEMENT” by Richard Oduor Oduku
- “Discovering Time Travel” By Suleiman Agbonkhianmen Buhari
- “For Digital Girls Who Drink Tonic Water at the Bar When Purple Rain Isn’t Enough” By Ytasha L. Womack
- “Black Woman, Everybody’s Healer” by Hawa Y. Mire
- “Where Pumpkin Leaves Dwell” by Lillian Akampurira Aujo
- “Onen and his Daughter” by Dilman Dila
The winners to be announced on March 31st will be going home with Kshs 30,000 (USD 330), number two getting Kshs 15,000 (USD 220) and third Kshs 10,000 (USD 110)
P.S. You know that bloggers are up in that story (I know, I’m the guy who did his own Africa39 list) and our favourite Ghanaian lit blogger has her own Shadow Jalada Prize Longlist you need to check out.