The winners of the Ghana Association of Writers Literary Awards 2021 are set to be announced in Accra today, December 16, 2021.
The Ghana Association of Writers Literary Awards, instituted to honour Ghanaian literary excellence and to celebrate the outstanding efforts made by writers, were first held in 1987. They went on a hiatus due to political, social and financial circumstances until it was revived in 2017 to commemorate both Ghana Association of Writers and Ghana’s sixty years of statehood. Since then, the awards hosted in 2017, in 2018, and in 2019 have shone a light on some of the best writing coming from the West African nation. They were cancelled because of a global pandemic in 2020 .
The winners of the best writing coming out of the West African country according to the Ghana Association of Writers will be announced tonight from the following shortlists;
- Obiba Opare’s Travels, Felix K. Boahene.
- Kwansema’s Choice, Godfred Edusei Derkyi,
- The Shrinking Bowl, Gheysika Adombire Agambila.
- She Rescues and Other Stories, Genevieve Delali
- Antonio and The Other Side of Home, Eunice Mensah.
- The Matriarch’s Verse, Apiorkor Seyram Ashong-Abbey
- The Sound of the Tsetse Drum, Kofi Acquah
- The Dedicadas: A Chapbook, Reinfred Dziedzorm Addo.
Children’s Story book
- The Contest and Other Spiderman Tales, Adolika Nenah Sowah
- A Mother Says No, Daniel Takyi Antwi Boasiako
- Trotro Trio Book 1: A Blast To The Past, Ruby Yayra Goka
- Plenty Talk Dey 4 Ghana by Radio Eye, Edited by Kofi Akpabli
- Paying My Debt, Daniel Owusu Koranteng
- They Call Me Archie, Amazing Journey, Dr Rosina Acheampong
Spoken Word (Video/Audio)
- Where I come From, Nana Fredua-Agyeman Jnr
- Hawk and Hen, Pobee Mwintombo
Ghanaian Language Special Award
- Me Kristosom Abrabo Ho Anwense, Ernest Perbi-Asare
- Nu Nyui Ade Ke, Gifty Akosua Baka.
Science and Mathematics Special Writers Award
- Adventures of Hurricane and Tornado – Episode 1 – Building a Boat, Godfred Edusei Derkyi
- Unravelling the Essentials of Health and Wealth, Dr Kojo Cobba Essel.