The Writing Room, a new initiative from Brittle Paper, featuring masterclasses from some of the most respected personalities in African writing was introduced on July 20, 2022.
Brittle Paper is an online platform centering African literary narratives since it was founded by Nigeria-born USA-based academic Ainehi Edoro-Glines in 2010. Apart from publishing work from writers and poets, it also gives news and reviews from the African literary scene.
Their newest offering to the African literary community is “The Writing Room” which was supported by Africa No Filter. The Writing Room is video master classes from some of the leading names in African letters working today speaking about aspects of the writing profession. Here are some more details;
- Language and Style – Ellah Wakatama is the chair of the AKO Caine Prize for African Writing. She is also Editor-at-Large for Canongate Books and is a Creative Manchester Senior Research Fellow at the University of Manchester.
- Plot – Zukiswa Wanner is the author of nine books in addition to curating literary events and running an indie press.
- Character Development – Chimeka Garricks is a Nigerian-Irish writer and has published award-winning and bestselling works of fiction.
- Themes – Molara Wood is a journalist, editor, and author of Indigo, a collection of short stories. She is based in Lagos and hosts the ART for the People podcast, among other creative endeavours.
- Setting – Eghosa Imasuen is a novelist and the co-founder of Narrative Landscape Press Limited, a publishing company based in Lagos.
To consume the product which is free, please click here. Please note that you will need to register for the classes.
Watch the launch event below;