Books clubs are invited to participate in the forthcoming “Battle of the Book Clubs” at the South Africa Book Fair 2020.
The South African Book Fair 2020 will have a unique virtual experience for readers and book lovers of all ages as well as for authors, illustrators, poets, and members of the book and publishing industry. A simplified version of the annual physical fair, the virtual fair will nonetheless continue to offer a full and exciting programme of stimulating online discussions, entertainment and fun with something for everyone. The festival program was announced on August 19.
One of the unique things this year will be the “Battle of the Book Clubs” where book clubs from across the continent will go head-to-head on their knowledge of all things books and literary. If you are in a book club and think your members have what it takes to rise above the rest in an online series of quizzes, then you do not want to miss this.
Here is the qualifying criteria to enter the competition;
- Must have a minimum of 10 members.
- Must have been operating/existed for at least 3 years.
- Should still be active and must provide the dates of your last three meetings.
- Provide a list of the last 15 books read by the club.
- Have an active social media presence that supports the culture of reading. To prove this you will need to send through social media handles.
If this is something you want to enter and take home the ultimate prize, the entire South African Book Fair 2020 book list, please click here. Your deadline is August 28, 2020.