The longlist for the Awele Creative Trust Award 2022 was announced on Thursday, March 2, 2023.
The Awele Creative Trust is a non-profit organisation created to provide an enabling environment and platform for creative young persons founded by Chika Unigwe. Its annual prize the Awele Creative Trust Award, valued at ₦50,000, rewards a short story of up to 5,000 words by a Nigerian writer aged between 16 and 26. Previous winners include Caleb Adebayo (2014), Nneoma Ike Njoku (2015), Caleb Somtochukwu Okereke and Anthony Ezekwoh (2016), Imade Iyamu (2017), and Bakporhe Ufuomaoghene (2019), Joshua Chizoma (2020), and Mustafa Enesi (2021).
The 2022 edition of the prize kicked off with the announcement of the longlist on Thursday with the following making the cut;
- Mockingbird, Daniel Ogba
- Uloma, Ifeoma Aroh
- I Hope You Dance, Nnamdi Vin-Anuonye
- Me, a Catalyst, Osahon Izeiyamu
- Shine Shine Bobo, Godwin Adah
- How to Love You Again, Cole Olasubomi
- Everything Ends in Cycles, Michael Emmanuel
- Mirror On The Wall, Chinenye Anwunah
- Traveller, Rafiat Lamidi
- Ndubuisi, Akunna James-Ibe
The shortlist and winner will be announced in due course.