The nominees for the African Christian Authors Book Awards were announced in Nairobi on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
The African Christian Authors Book Award program were set up to recognise and promote quality in Christian authorship in East Africa. Presented annually to Christian authors, the Award program celebrates the “best of the year” in 10 categories. Five finalists are chosen in each category unless there is a tie. The Winner in each category is announced and awarded at African Christian Authors Gala held at CLC Kenya’s Family Reading Picnic each year.
The nominees for the awards in the different categories announced on Thursday were;
The Youth Category (0-12 years)
This award is for fiction and nonfiction material for audience ages 0-12 years to include children’s picture and story books and non-fictional material for children.
- My Time With God by Kawira Baraka
- The Traveller by Aileen Mwende
Teens (13-19 years)
This award is for nonfiction and fiction material for audience ages 13-19 to include YA-based works of nonfiction and YA-based works of fiction.
- Just Scream by Leonard Ondigo
- To Chase a Dream in Nairobi by Kimathi Kaumbutho
- Conceive Achieve for Teens by Abiah Adnah McKenna
Young Adults (20-35 years)
This award is for nonfiction and fiction material for audience ages 20-35 to include Youth based works of nonfiction and Youth based works of fiction.
- We Don’t Teach That At The University by Dr Danile R Ruhweza
- Conceive Achieve by Julius Mwebia Mugambi
- The Trail of Blood by Bryan Mbego
This award is for text that uses rhythm and rhyme to evoke emotion and meaning and employs literary devices to maximize the impact of their words, applying emphasis and a satisfying quality to the poem as a whole.
- The Grand Love Story Of All Time By Joyce Maina
- Beautiful Thoughts by Jane Harel
This award is for nonfiction material presented as a biography, autobiography or memoir (narrative composed from personal experience).
- Belonging – A Tale of an Orphaned Girl by Patience Kamarunga Mugisha
- Treasures In Sackcloth by Estar Ogonda McOyoo
- Dreams On A Motorcycle by Dr Kevin Rombosia
- Beyond 8 TO 5 by Daisy Nyaga
- Love Unlimited: Set Free by a Greater Love by Ruth Njagi
For a full list of the nominees please click here.