The Wahome Mutahi Prize for literature 2014 nominees have just been announced. They are in four different categories English Adult, Kiswahili Adult, English Children and Kiswahili Children categories. The two children’s categories were introduced for this year’s Award. Winners in each category will take home a cash prize of sh50,000.
English Adult category
- The Last Word (Longhorn) Yusuf Dawood
- This land is our Land (Big Books) Nganga Mbugua
- A Gift from a Stranger (KLB) Waigwa Wachira
Kiswahili Adult category
- Kula kwa Mheshimiwa (JKF) Juma Namlola
- Watu wa Gehenna (JKF) Tom Olali
- Upepo wa Mvua (JKF). Jeff Mandila
Children English category
- Kuti makes a Difference (KLB) Charles Gecaga
- Naomi the Detective by Joseph Muleka (KLB) and
- A Note for Alice by Mureithi Maina (Moran).
Kiswahili Children category
- Maskini Punda (KLB) John Kobia
- Kiswahili Gani by Lilian Wairimu (KLB) and
- Bitugi Matundura’s Adhabu ya Joka (Longhorn).