Nozizwe Cynthia Jele is a Mbokodo Awards 2018 winner. The South African novelist won in the literature category of the Southern African prize celebrating women in the arts.
The Mbokodo Awards was founded to recognise South African women who had shown leadership, fostered growth and made efforts to strengthen the arts. The awards are chosen from 12 categories: Rising Light; Traditional and Indigenous Art; Visual Arts; Literature; Theatre; Opera; Mbokodo Humanitarian Award; Architecture; Music; Women in Media; Film and Lifetime Achievement Award. The awards have recognised many women in South African arts like Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Lauren Beukes, Mbali Vilakazi, and Koleka Putuma.
The 2018 edition of the awards were announced at a gala event at the seventh annual Mbokodo Awards ceremony at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli ICC on the weekend of August 24-25.The fill list of the winners were;
- Rising Light – Nomzamo Mbatha
- Traditional and Indigenous Arts – Madosini
- Visual Arts – Manthe Ribane
- Literature – Nozizwe Cynthia Jele
- Theatre – Lesedi
- Job Opera – Zandile Mzazi
- Humanitarian Award – Unicef
- Architecture – Thozama Mputa
- Music – Zoe Modiga
- Media – Yolisa Phahle
- Film – Moonyeenn Lee
- Lifetime Achievement – Mary Twala