The Open Book Festival, one of the fastest growing literary festivals on the planet, will be happening in 9-13 September in Cape Town, South Africa.
This year the festival is turning five and its organisers have decided to give possible attendees a rare treat. In partnership with the Fugard Theatre and Lauren Beukes they have announced a raffle with an amazing basket of prizes. They include;
- Cameo appearance in Lauren Beukes’s next novel. Internationally acclaimed author, Lauren Beukes, will name a character after the winner*
- A pair of tickets to every production and screening that is presented at and by the Fugard Theatre for the next two years* (from September 2015)
- A pair of VIP tickets to the opening night of David Kramer’s brand new musical, Orpheus in Africa, on 22 September, where the winners will be invited to meet the cast for drinks and snacks after the performance
- A pair of Open Book Festival passes valid for the next five years that give the ticketholder access to the festival events *
To take part in this raffle, you want to go to webtickets and purchase a ticket worth R1000 from 28th July to 2nd September 2015. The winner will be announced on 4th September 2015.
The organisers don’t say which character which you will be named after; hopefully it will be a cool character and not the serial killers that Beukes that brings to life in her books so skillfully.
* Terms and conditions apply as expected.